News:

This one time at band camp.

Main Menu

Ambassador

Started by Dave, Mar 11, 2023, 06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As I'm not pursuing the News theme I thought I'd help out with this.

Border on menu buttons on hover goes white, in the original theme they are gold.

To fix change
border: 1px solid #fff; to
border: 1px solid #ffde74; as below

/* Level 1 hover effects. */
.dropmenu li a:hover, .dropmenu li:hover a, .dropmenu li a:focus, #top_info > li > a:hover, #top_info > li:hover > a, #top_info > li > a.open {
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #4c4c4c 10%, #1b1b1b 90%);
    border: 1px solid #ffde74;
    color: #fff;
    cursor: pointer;
    text-decoration: none;
    box-shadow: 0 4px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1) inset;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
}

Images for this

Original theme

You cannot view this attachment.

New 2.1.3 theme

In the original the drop menu on hover does not have a border, but I'm guessing you've done that deliberately. I think it looks better the way you've got it
=============================

The checkbox alignment is not right in this theme either for chrome. If you hover over the checkbox the border radius disappears. The fix is to remove line 1507

border-radius: 1px;

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dave

The navigate section horizontal alignment is also out

You'll see that 'CZ Testing 2.1.3' does not line up with the text following it

before

after

to fix remove line  1366 'line-height: 1.1em;'

.navigate_section ul li {
float: left;
padding-bottom: 3px;
/*line-height: 1.1em;*/
color: #989898;
/* text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #fff; */
}

The fix is OK on both Chrome and Firefox

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bocool

Since you've brought up the browser issues with Cleanwhite I was considering going back to Ambassador to see if it had the same issues. Thanks!

Btw, the one here is for v2.1.2 and does need to be updated to 2.1.3.

Bocool

How does it look now?

EDIT: Not sure if you've noticed but I've started adding numbers to the names of the themes like Ambassador to tell the various versions of a certain smf version of the theme...like Ambassador212a. This may change in the future to all numbers instead of letters, tho.

Dave

It's looking good now Steve. I'll have a good check around later and see if there is anything else.

Bocool

I had a look at Ambassador and noticed that the White border were still there...at least in Firefox. Then I realized that the wrong code was edited. It was this and the 'border-top' and 'border-left' needed to be removed:

/* Levels 2 and 3 submenu wrapper. */
.dropmenu li ul, .top_menu {
    z-index: 90;
    position: absolute;
    display: none;
    min-width: 18.2em;
    padding: 0.5em;
    font-weight: normal;
    border: 1px solid #bd9851;
    border-left: solid 1px #bbb;
    border-top: solid 1px #ccc;
    border-radius: 4px;
    box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    background: #1b1b1b;
}

Dave

Ok I'll check it out tomorrow. My PC is switched off now and I can't hover with the tablet.

I'm pretty sure that it's working ok on my test site though, maybe I only checked it in Brave

Bocool

I just saw this about 15 mins ago and prolly just missed you. I was cooking dinner for tomorrow, it's my turn. LOL

Yeah, I'm sure that was the issue because nothing in this theme should have anything like that in it. I've noticed a few other issues like the color of the textarea when you type a post. It's black and something is blocking it from me turning it white. I can see the white briefly but then it tuns black. I can change it in dev and it works but not in the real code. :o

I'll have another look later or tomorrow.

Dave

Oh I get what you mean now, sorry I thought you meant the quickbuttton borders but you meant the dropbox borders. For me I like the white border on hover, so I'll leave mine as it is.

As far as the textarea is concerned, if I understand you correctly then what you mean is it turns black on hover and then changes when you insert the cursor into it, if so the fix is below

line 54
remove

textarea:hover {
background: #000;
}

or change to a colour you like :)

Dave

UPDATE: Ok what's odd here is that I did the browser inspect and after clicking on the index.ccs line, I /* out the line I've said above.

Now the thing is that this should not have changed the index.css file permanently itself and upon refreshing the page would go back to how it was, but it hasn't.

I have gone into the FTP and looked at the css file and it's last update was yesterday, I'm guessing that was by you, now for some reason when I hover over the reply box it doesn't change anymore. I have cleared the cache in both Firefox and Brave, I've removed the cookies from this site but it still doesn't change on hover over.

Does it still, do it for you?

It still does it on my test site, but I haven't changed the css file yet

Bocool

Ok, I'm starting to hear the 'Twilight Zone's" theme song. LMAO

I logged in and read what you posted and started typing to respond and now the text is white?!?!?! WTF???

I think there may be some caching issues with the last browser upgrades? No, I haven't changed anything. May you have to close the browser then open it again for some things to work right? One thing that did catch my eye last yesterday while I was editing the sceditor file is the last date in the copyright is 2013??   Seriously???

And SMF still uses this? Also, I just noticed that (at least on this site with the default smileys) if you try to use 3 question marks in a row you'll have problems trying to type something after it cause one of the text for the smileys has always been the same...3 question marks. Try typing a question followed by 3 question marks then type a space then start typing again. LOL

Dave

Quote from: Bocool on Mar 13, 2023, 08:27 PMI think there may be some caching issues with the last browser upgrades? No, I haven't changed anything. May you have to close the browser then open it again for some things to work right?

I cleared the cache and cleared all the cookies from both Firefox and Brave, the only thing I didn't to was to uninstall them both, so heaven knows why it's not doing it now. I even cleared the site cache too, maybe that's why it was OK for you after I did that

Bocool

Yeah, possibly so...

Bocool

It's late but I've got a few changes coming for this. ;)

Dave

OK I await with bated breath  ;D