News:

This is great news.

Main Menu

CleanWhite

Started by Dave, Feb 07, 2023, 06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Yes it's ok now, thanks

Do you think the post More drop box should have the dotted line around it like the board and the top menu drop menu?

Bocool

Hmmm, now there's an idea. 8)

Dave

Bocool

Sorry, if I've reset your theme...

Dave

It's OK, I'm used to it at the moment LOL

Dave

More work done today.

Last save for the css is index2.php dated 13/02/2023.

I have sorted out the hover issues with the quickbuttons and the pagesection also, of course if you which to change the colour of the 'Reply' button that's fine, I just couldn't find a happy medium for the contrast when you hovered over it.

The only other alternative would for it to be white to start turning the black on hover and I'm not sure I like that either.

I've removed the code for the scroll bar with it removed it just defaults to the browser.

I have also change the colour of the 'Search' button at the top of the page, it was orange it's now #222.

That's my lot for today, I'll have another look tomorrow.

UPDATE: I was just quickly looking at the category toggle button. Do you think there needs to be a contrast with that? In it's present form it's difficult to see.

Bocool

I've changed the 'Reply' to '#cacaca'. Not sure if we should remove the text-shadow or not...

We've but the scrollbar code in there because a number of people liked it. You can remove it from your site if you install it there but please leave it in.

Yes, for the search button, I think jumping back and forth between themes I've mixed them up and made this one orange instead of orangeline. LOL

For the toggle button I thought it had a border around it at one time.

EDIT: I've just adjusted the positioning of the category text and description so it looks better.

Shortened the height of the slider.

Dave

Quote from: Bocool on Feb 15, 2023, 07:57 PMI've changed the 'Reply' to '#cacaca'. Not sure if we should remove the text-shadow or not...
Yes I think so as you cannot see the shadow anyway. UPDATE: Removed shadow

Quote from: Bocool on Feb 15, 2023, 07:57 PMWe've but the scrollbar code in there because a number of people liked it. You can remove it from your site if you install it there but please leave it in.

I get what you're saying but a browser by default will always have one. All you've really done is colourized it. If you look at the image attached you see that it's black and gold, which I'm guessing is an overspill from 'Ambassador' it doesn't show like that in Firefox only chrome based browsers. I will look into changing the colours for chrome. UPDATE: I've changed the colours

Quote from: Bocool on Feb 15, 2023, 07:57 PMFor the toggle button I thought it had a border around it at one time.

That looks a lot better

Quote from: Bocool on Feb 15, 2023, 07:57 PMEDIT: I've just adjusted the positioning of the category text and description so it looks better.

Shortened the height of the slider.

OK

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dave

I have changed the colour of the slider. I've checked it out on my mobile/tablet and it all seems OK and now I'm happy with the theme.

I have installed it on Quizland to trial it in a live environment

Bocool

Yes, the point was to colorize it. lol

Bocool

Going to try an experiment and try to make the admin menu like the original.

Bocool

Just realized that for the "More..." dropdown that you've edited the wrong class. When you hover over it you see the "post_options ul" not the "post_options ul:hover". Yes, you see it when you hover but hover is for changes when you hover such as color, etc.

I realized something was wrong when I tried it and noticed that when I moved away from it the dashed line briefly changed to a solid line. I checked the code and saw what happened. I'll leave it as you've had it so you can see for yourself. However, you should only change the ul. You would make hover changes to the "a" (anchor) when you hover it to edit the borders, backgrounds, etc. The code should have been changed here like this:

.post_options ul {
    display: none;
    position: absolute;
    top: 100%;
    right: -1px;
    z-index: 90;
    padding: 6px;
    background: #fff;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-align: left;
    border: 2px dashed #000;
    border-radius: 4px;
/*      border-left: solid 1px #aaa;
        border-top: solid 1px #bbb;
        box-shadow: 2px 3px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); */

Dave

Yes I see what you mean. I've now changed it

Dave

Quote from: Bocool on Feb 16, 2023, 07:23 PMGoing to try an experiment and try to make the admin menu like the original.

I have cheated and decided to copy the curve default index.css code as follows, I then went about changing colours. I have made no changes here but if you want to see what it looks like then go to the test site https://www.davejohnson.co.uk/testing/

I've sent you a PM with login details.

/* Styles for the standard dropdown menus.
------------------------------------------------------- */
.dropmenu, #top_info {
position: relative;
}
/* Level 1 button background. */
.dropmenu > li, #top_info > li {
display: inline-block;
margin: 0 2px 0 1px;
font-size: 0.9em;
line-height: 1.9em;
}
/* Disable default focus outlines */
.dropmenu a {
outline: 0;
}
/* For cases where we want to spotlight something specific to an item, e.g. an amount */
.amt {
margin-left: 3px;
padding: 0 5px;
color: #fff;
background: #6d90ad;
border-radius: 8px;
}
.dropmenu li .active .amt, #top_info li .active .amt {
background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
color: inherit;
}
#top_info .top_menu.visible {
display: block;
}
/* Needed for new PM notifications. */
.dropmenu li strong {
color: #333;
}

.dropmenu li a, #top_info > li > a {
padding: 0 7px 0 7px;
display: block;
border: 1px solid transparent;
border-radius: 4px;
}
/* Level 1 active button. */
.dropmenu a.active, #top_info a.active {
font-weight: bold;
border-color: #7A7A7A;
background: linear-gradient(#A1A1A1, #7A7A7A);
text-shadow: 0 0 2px #000;
}
/* Level 1 hover effects. */
.dropmenu > li:hover > a, .dropmenu > li > a:focus,
#top_info > li:hover > a, #top_info > li > a:focus, #top_info > li > a.open {
background: #7A7A7A;
border: 1px solid #A1A1A1;
cursor: pointer;
text-decoration: none;
box-shadow: 0 4px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1) inset;
text-shadow: 0 0 2px #000;
}
/* Level 1 active button. */
.dropmenu li a.active:hover, .dropmenu li:hover a.active {
background: #222;
border: 1px solid #7A7A7A;
color: #FFF;
box-shadow: 0 5px 5px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;
text-shadow: none;
}

I also found out that the .popup_window (for logging in) is also a yellowy colour so I will change that on here and on mine

Bocool

What I was going to do here is leave the main '.dropmenu' as is but only change the admin menu but adding the '.dropmenu' and maybe the 'admin_submenu' (if needed) coding to admin.css. Hopefully, it should only change the admin to look like it does on the original. ;)