News:

This is great news.

Main Menu

Ambassador

Started by Dave, Mar 11, 2023, 06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bocool

I might still have the original Starcraft game somewhere. I have a ton of games in my attic on floppies and CD's. Haven't been up there in awhile.

My fav gaming is still the old Dungeons and Dragons/RPG type of games. Going on quests, etc.

OK, almost past bedtime. Gotta eat and get some rest. LOL

Dave

Morning men,

Looks like you guys have been busy.

As a footnote, for some reason it seems that Virgin Broadband in the UK is having issues with US and CA connections, my default broadmand is Virgin, but I also have another connection and I can connect, I suppose that is obvious as I'm posting :)

Steve, can you check your host to see if my 86.10.21.40 IP has been banned please? I know on SMFH there was something about Virgin connections.

OK off to golf, so see you later, although it is 02.44 where you guys are...or there abouts any way.

TwitchisMental

#footer {
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 10px 0px;
    background: #1b1b1b;
    color: #bd9851;
    width: auto;
    text-align: center;
    border: 1px solid #000;
    border-top: none;
}

#main_content_section {
    text-align: left;
    padding: 10px 12px 0px 12px;
    border: 1px solid #000000;
    border-bottom: none;
    background: #1b1b1b;
}

Making these two changes makes the footer look better. The post area will still push it down a bit due to the <br> . Not a big deal to me though.

Also noticed that the logo for Ambass is missing on this site .
This is a signature.

Bocool

@Dave No, you haven't pissed me off enough for me to ban you...yet. ;D

@TwitchisMental Yup! Looks better! ;)

For the logo, I tend to just add it in the theme settings, although I should add it in the index.template file. It would look better me thinks.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 04, 2023, 08:42 PM@Dave No, you haven't pissed me off enough for me to ban you...yet. ;D

@TwitchisMental Yup! Looks better! ;)

For the logo, I tend to just add it in the theme settings, although I should add it in the index.template file. It would look better me thinks.

I like having it display the logo by default myself and then the user can change it to whatever they like via the theme settings.

In the footer I think we should combine the Original Ambassador by Crip & Updated to v2.1.3a by The Crip Zone Team text to the same line.
This is a signature.

Bocool

OK, we can do that for the logo.

Actually, the footer used to be like that then I changed it during the beta versions because of the length it didn't look right in mobile version. But I haven't revisited it yet...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 04, 2023, 09:46 PMOK, we can do that for the logo.

Actually, the footer used to be like that then I changed it during the beta versions because of the length it didn't look right in mobile version. But I haven't revisited it yet...

Looks good until you get below 480px. Maybe we can shorten the wording a bit to make it fit.

Something like - Ambassador by Crip. - Updated for SMF 2.1 By TheCripZone

That looks good until 360px width. Most phones do not go below that resolution width anyways.

Attached an image just for demo -

You cannot view this attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is a signature.

Bocool

Sound good to me. :)

Just to be clear, it should be like this?

echo '
<ul class="centertext">
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
<li>Ambassador by <a href="https://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="Crip Zone">Crip</a></li>
<li>Updated for SMF 2.1 By TheCripZone <a href="https://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="The Crip Zone Team"></a></li>
<li>', theme_copyright(), '</li>
</ul>';

TwitchisMental

Close, but not quite.

echo '
        <ul class="centertext">
            <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
            <li>Ambassador by <a href="https://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="Crip Zone">Crip</a> | Updated for SMF 2.1 By <a href="https://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="The Crip Zone Team">TheCripZone</a></li>
            <li>', theme_copyright(), '</li>
        </ul>';

This is a signature.

Bocool

TwitchisMental

This is a signature.

Bocool

I'm not sure if I like you. You say to many of my sayings like 'cool beans' and 'awesome sauce'. LMAO copycat!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 04, 2023, 10:52 PMI'm not sure if I like you. You say to many of my sayings like 'cool beans' and 'awesome sauce'. LMAO copycat!

I'll have you know... I have said these things before I was even on the internet :p .

This is a signature.

Bocool

Me too. Been surfing the net for 35+ years. ;)

Dave

Gents we still have an issue with the 'inline_mod_check' on here.

To fix go to

.quickbuttons > li:last-child > a, .inline_mod_check:last-child {
border-radius: 0 4px 4px 0;
}

replace with

.quickbuttons > li:last-child > a, .inline_mod_check:last-child {
border-radius: 0 4px 4px 0;
border: 1px solid #ffde74;
}

once that's done the height  needs adjusting at

.quickbuttons > li {
float: left;