border: 1px solid #000;
border-top: none;
}
This is a signature.

Bocool

Ok, I was wrong. :o

I'll add it...

Bocool

Ah! Wasn't within #footerfix! I've thought something didn't look right but it worked so I gave up on it. LOL

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 09:36 PMAh! Wasn't within #footerfix! I've thought something didn't look right but it worked so I gave up on it. LOL
Haha now just adjust the css with the above css and you are good to go on that.
This is a signature.

Bocool

Ok, something is not right. LOL

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 09:52 PMOk, something is not right. LOL
Why do you say that? It looks all good to me.
This is a signature.

Bocool

A lot more space at the top than the bottom.

EDIT: On some pages more than others...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 09:57 PMA lot more space at the top than the bottom.

Ah I gotcha, you can adjust the padding as needed. Something like 10px on the bottom would be about right.

Note it will vary depending on margins and padding of other sections aswell. #main_content_section being the main one, which you could just remove the padding from the bottom of.

A few ways of going about it haha.

EDIT :

There also seems to be a <br> below the quick reply which is causing the extra space.
This is a signature.

Bocool

Honestly, the sequence of the HTML in the php files like index.template.php has always confused me. I'm 'Old School'. Things go in a certain order when coding but that not the same with SMF. Personally, I find myBB MUCH easier to code. And can very easily migrate SMF themes to myBB without much problems at all.

I can upgrade the SMF themes to myBB without much of a problem at all. I've done it. And may eventually do it again, if not to get people interested.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 10:16 PMHonestly, the sequence of the HTML in the php files like index.template.php has always confused me. I'm 'Old School'. Things go in a certain order when coding but that not the same with SMF. Personally, I find myBB MUCH easier to code. And can very easily migrate SMF themes to myBB without much problems at all.

I can upgrade the SMF themes to myBB without much of a problem at all. I've done it. And may eventually do it again, if not to get people interested.

I can agree, MyBB's theme and template system is much easier to work with. I remember converting my first MyBB theme (Blooming Red) to SMF.. that was a learning curve and a half XD.

Sadly MyBB is behind the times nowadays. (Not even responsive by default)

Xenforo is also a-lot easier in my opinion.

Hopefully I can help you get more use to the SMF template system :). So if you got questions do not be afraid to ask :).

Edit : Using Notepad++ instead of the built in editor is a start :D .
This is a signature.

Bocool

I haven't played with Xenforo in quite a few years. I've been testing software since the mid-late 80's. Windows, a lot of the old games (which I still have on floppies or on my Pc), forums, blogs, CMS's, etc. That what I do when I used to get bored and still do...on occasion! LOL

Now, Since I 've got into themes I've stuck with that...and security issues.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 10:27 PMI haven't played with Xenforo in quite a few years. I've been testing software since the mid-late 80's. Windows, a lot of the old games (which I still have on floppies or on my Pc), forums, blogs, CMS's, etc. That what I do when I used to get bored and still do...on occasion! LOL

Now, Since I 've got into themes I've stuck with that...and security issues.
I can relate XD.

You ever play with other operating systems like Linux,BSD, and/or Solaris ?
This is a signature.

Bocool

Yup! I've played with a lot of them. I used to be a tester for Steam when they started making it for linux. ;)

I have a ton of Steam games from years ago. Half-life, Counter Strike, etc. I also have a ton of old shareware games on my PC like Doom, Rise of the Triad, the original Wolfenstein, etc. and they still work and play them once in a blue moon. LOL

I used to run gaming servers, etc. ;)

Bocool

That's how I got into PC's. I thought they were for games back in the mid 80's. I've found the 'internet' and could download them for free. Getting them to work right required a bit of learning how to code...dBase, DOS, Machine Language, etc. But I got away from that.

I've even made a few of my own games back then. LOL I made a Super Mario type game where the crack addict would jump for crack pips and crack and kill the drug dealers! LMFAO People used to tell me that I was not right in the head. LMAO

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bocool on Apr 03, 2023, 10:40 PMThat's how I got into PC's. I thought they were for games back in the mid 80's. I've found the 'internet' and could download them for free. Getting them to work right required a bit of learning how to code...dBase, DOS, Machine Language, etc. But I got away from that.

I've even made a few of my own games back then. LOL I made a Super Mario type game where the crack addict would jump for crack pips and crack and kill the drug dealers! LMFAO People used to tell me that I was not right in the head. LMAO
Haha that is awesome.

My biggest addiction gaming wise was Starcraft/Starcraft Broodwar.  I made UMS maps and mods for it for the longest time. Heck it was the map making community that introduced me to Linux haha.
This is a signature.